The Chinese National Committee for Remote Sensing (CNCRS), AARS and the ACRS 2015 Local Organizing Committee are pleased to announce the call for application for the AARS Innovation Award. The deadline for the submission of application documents is on September 1, 2015.
Each year, the award will be given to two persons whose papers have innovative points, appraised before each ACRS. The winners will be granted certificates of AARS Innovation Award with a gift as encouragement. At the same time, their papers or innovative points of the papers will receive the right to publish on the Journal of Remote Sensing without charge. And the winners will get one year free subscriptions for the Journal of Remote Sensing.
Purpose of the Award
To reward Asian young scientists and students who are applying innovative ideas in remote sensing technology and applications.
Application and selection
– The author should be younger than 40 years old.
– The author should be from AARS Ordinary Member countries or regions.
– The paper should be a single author. In the case there are more co-authors, the number of co-authors should be less than two and only the first author will be considered for the Award.
– The following should be submitted to the Chinese National Committee for Remote Sensing (CNCRS), by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org (kindly cc: ACRS 2015 Secretariat, email@example.com) on or before September 1, 2015:
- Copy of Full Paper (please click here for the guidelines and template)
- Letter of Acceptance of Abstract
- The award application form including the description within 500 words about the innovative points of the paper
- Curriculum Vitae (C.V.) of the first author
– The application will be appraised by AARS and CNCRS Evaluation Committee before the coming ACRS, and four candidates will be decided.
– The candidates should attend the coming Asian Conference on Remote Sensing and present the paper in oral or poster during the ACRS. The winner will be the two according to their scores given by AARS and CNCRS Evaluation Committee.
The winners will be granted certifcates with a gift as encouragement. At the same time, the winners will receive the right to publish their papers on the Journal of Remote Sensing without charge. In addition, the winners will be presented one year free subscriptions for Journal of Remote Sensing. The prize will be supported by Chinese National Committee for Remote Sensing (CNCRS).
The winners will be announced and awarded at the closing ceremony of the ACRS.
Links to the Application Documents: